Dear Parents with Young Children,
God put wiggles in children; don’t feel you have suppress those wiggles in God’s house.
- Consider sitting toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to engage.
- Quietly explain the parts of the service and actions of the pastors, musicians and leaders.
- Sing the hymns, pray and voice the responses. Children learn behavior by mimicking you.
- If you have to leave the Sanctuary with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to the church, to God, and to one another. Let them know that they are at home in this house of worship
- Help yourself to a “busy-box” by the entrance.
To other members of our church
- The presence of children is a gift to the church and they are a reminder that Trinity is growing.
- Please welcome our children and give a smile of encouragement to their parents.
- If you see a parent struggling, please offer to help them!
Old or young, big or small, God loves us one and all.